PDGA Discussion Board  

Go Back   PDGA Discussion Board > PDGA Topics > Ratings & Skill-based Competition

Ratings & Skill-based Competition PDGA player and course ratings, and developments in the skill-based competition system

Old Apr 16 2015, 04:34 AM   #3541
JoakimBL
PDGA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithjohnson View Post
Not Chuck but.....

It tells you on the TD report how to handle them (just filled it out on MON)

You don't include and 888 is explained also on scores tab.

Keith
Thanks, but I do know how to read. The information on the report is conflicting. It says not to include players that don't throw a throw. It does also say that players that do not show up for a scheduled round without giving notice should get an 888. So which is it?

Quote:
Enter 888 when a player has not notified the TD they will not be playing the next scheduled round
Quote:
Do not include players who registered but did not show up or make a throw in the tournament
JoakimBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16 2015, 07:39 PM   #3542
cgkdisc
PDGA Member

A player who does not show up to start the tournament should not be scheduled for a round since they did not check in. Doesn't matter that the TD put them in a group on the starting board. No conflict. Now if the player checks in but then does not show up in their group to start the round and left for some reason without telling the TD, they should get the 888.
Old Apr 17 2015, 12:10 AM   #3543
keithjohnson
Membership Expired

Exactly what I said......
you all will be missed !!
keithjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23 2016, 08:33 PM   #3544
Burnin4
PDGA Member

Chuck, I'm able to see my new rating which was updated yesterday 3/22, but I'm not listed anywhere in the Player Statistics. I've only played 1 event in 2016, of which was included in yesterdays update, but I declined a cash earning....does that have anything to do with it? Thanks! #45903
Burnin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27 2016, 10:07 AM   #3545
cgkdisc
PDGA Member

Looks like your stats are there now. Sometimes players will see their rating update before all of their supporting details get displayed. It takes several hours for all of the updated files to get uploaded and linked.
Old Mar 29 2016, 08:14 PM   #3546
Burnin4
PDGA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgkdisc View Post
Looks like your stats are there now. Sometimes players will see their rating update before all of their supporting details get displayed. It takes several hours for all of the updated files to get uploaded and linked.
I don't show up anywhere when you look at North Carolina AM's or Pro's, when looking at Statistics. I've only played 1 event this year, won a B tier in Masters division but didn't accept cash. Does that have anything to do with it? Thanks!
Old Mar 30 2016, 12:20 AM   #3547
cgkdisc
PDGA Member

You don't show up in the stats for the current year until you have played an event this year that has been reported to the PDGA and processed for points and ratings.
Old Mar 31 2016, 11:17 AM   #3548
Burnin4
PDGA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgkdisc View Post
You don't show up in the stats for the current year until you have played an event this year that has been reported to the PDGA and processed for points and ratings.
I played a B tier in February, and the round ratings are currently included in the most recent ratings update last week, but no points because I turned down the cash. I'm guessing that's the reason, no big deal, just thought it was odd. Thanks for your time!
Old Mar 31 2016, 03:36 PM   #3549
cgkdisc
PDGA Member

You're listed as an Amateur and you played in a Pro division. You earned pro points but because you're an amateur, you won't show up in the pro points rankings. You still have not earned any Am points yet this year so you're not in the Amateur standings yet.
Old Apr 11 2016, 01:40 PM   #3550
crazykrug
Membership Expired

Chuck,

Got a points question.

I just renewed my membership for this year and will be turning 39. I am wanting to play at Worlds next year in the Quad Cities in the Advance Masters division since I will then be 40.

Would I be eligible to do this if I were to earn enough points this year playing tournaments even though I can't play Masters this year? I wasn't sure how that worked with age protected divisions.

Thanks for your time.
Jason
crazykrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11 2016, 11:09 PM   #3551
cgkdisc
PDGA Member

Those who graduate to the next age division can earn their points in the younger age division(s) to meet the minimum points requirement to get an invite.