PDGA Discussion Board  

Go Back   PDGA Discussion Board > PDGA Affiliate Clubs > Western Arkansas Flying Disc Association

Old Feb 18 2006, 03:27 PM   #1
Membership Expired

Default WAFDA MEETINGS

This is to let everybody know we meet at Joeys every tuesday night at 7:30.We hope anyone and everyone wanting to be involved with the growth of WAFDA will be there.It looks like NW AR will fall under the umbrella of us as well.THIS IS GOOD.The joined forces will produce more for everyone in the end.The official website should be up by early next week.It's pretty much put together but we'll be giving the final ok at this coming tuesdays' meeting.All of the buisness minutes etc will be available for all to view.WAFDA members will have access to a little more.I for one want this association to be a success.I'm sure everyone feels the same.That's why it's important for all the info to be out there for all to see.Our reputation should always be in good standing with all in the Disc Golf community and Disc Sports alike.There is still alot to do.We need your help if we are going to make it.As of now it looks like 4 C Tier events and 1 B Tier are on the schedule.I'm looking for 6 a year in our immediate area.Russellville is a possability for more but that may be a while still.SO!!! Meetings,Input,Dedication,and good ol Hard Work is in order.WAFDA is on the move.
3902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21 2006, 01:31 PM   #2
racerb491
Membership Expired

Default Re: WAFDA MEETINGS

I might be at the meeting tonight. Depends on what time my ride gets off work. would like to be down early enough to play BG then go to the meeting.

Glad to see you guys on the board.

walk hard
racerb491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21 2006, 03:33 PM   #3
superd
Membership Expired

if i get done moving earlyto day should have two to three trips of big stuff i'll give you a call and i'll meet you out at bg if at all possible.
superd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22 2006, 11:39 PM   #4
superd
Membership Expired

as far as the web site goes the designers still have a few glitches to work out. hopefully by next week the site will be available.
Old Feb 27 2006, 11:17 AM   #5
Membership Expired

BIG MEETING TUESDAY NIGHT.REPS FROM NW AR NEED TO ATTEND.(Whoever you are)It's Time It's Time It's Time.The NW Rep will be the one or one's who show up and say I'VE BEEN CHOSEN.We leave it up to you.Do us well young grasshopper.Or old fart.Whoever you are.
Old Feb 27 2006, 12:06 PM   #6
sschumacher
Membership Expired

Why is it everytime I see the word "WAFDA", I think of waffles.........With maybe some bacon, eggs, and toast on the side. Is this a sign that my stomach has taken over and if so which way to the closest I-Hop?

My girlfriend told one time that her Norweigen grandmother would say "Uff-da" when she was upset and when she was really mad she would say "Uff-da-meg"

I wonder if "WAFDA" means anything in another language?
sschumacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27 2006, 07:53 PM   #7
racerb491
Membership Expired

I've heard that a few times.
Being married to a Norweigen myself.

walk hard
Old Feb 27 2006, 07:55 PM   #8
racerb491
Membership Expired

Quote:
I might be at the meeting tonight. Depends on what time my ride gets off work. would like to be down early enough to play BG then go to the meeting.
I will try again this Tues.

walk hard
Old Feb 28 2006, 03:01 AM   #9
superd
Membership Expired

hope you can make it. big meeting. so far on the agenda we have tom mitton from the sebastion county and john vallintene (-2 spelling ) the van buren mayor attending. big stuff happening good meeting to attend.
Old Mar 01 2006, 10:10 AM   #10
twoputtok
PDGA Member

The wait list for Am worlds begins today!

Wait list information

[email protected]

or

706-261-6342
Old Mar 01 2006, 05:01 PM   #11
jeffash
Membership Expired

I am now an official WAFDAnite
Or would it be WAFDAnian?
WAFDAn?
WAFDAterrestrial?
jeffash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01 2006, 07:02 PM   #12
evandmckee
Membership Expired

Congratulations!! Superdave told me you paid your dues, I can bring your official personalized bag tag to you at the Blow Out if you want. If so what do you want it to say. You get one line, real name, nick name, whatever. Let me know
Old Mar 02 2006, 09:40 AM   #13
jeffash
Membership Expired

How many characters do I get?
jeffash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02 2006, 02:12 PM   #14
evandmckee
Membership Expired

You get 3 characters with 2 underscores in plain text or up to 750 dots of braile
Old Mar 27 2006, 05:37 PM   #15
superd
Membership Expired

just got off the phone with a reporter in russeville with The Career. we talked for about 20 minutes about disc golf. she wanted information about the blowout. how a disc golf course can benefit the community. and several other related questions. ganzel expect a call i let her know about the tourney that you are running. pitchford expect a call i mentioned the course plans in russeville and that you were the state rep. she was also wanting to know how much a course would cost to put in. for the course design and impleminting the plans i gave her andys number.........just kidding. sweet thing the article will be in the career paper on tuesday, i will be getting a copy of the paper.

one more on our side oh yeah i did mention WAFDA quite a bit, not a group of local disc golfers like the last guy.
Old Mar 27 2006, 05:55 PM   #16
accidentalROLLER
Membership Expired

Make sure you tell her about the Ice bowl and how much money it raises every year for charity
Old Mar 27 2006, 10:10 PM   #17
Membership Expired

That's Carrier Dave.
Old Mar 31 2006, 08:42 PM   #18
evandmckee
Membership Expired

http://www.wafda.org is UP and RUNNING, I e-mailed thad
all the stuff that wasn't on the cd, so hopefully it will be
ALL GOOD
Old Apr 01 2006, 02:19 AM   #19
superd
Membership Expired

site looks sweet!!!
Old Apr 01 2006, 11:25 PM   #20
racerb491
Membership Expired

Thanks for the support wafda.

Thanks for the awesome plaques Evan.

Thanks to Dave & his sister for all the hard work they put in.

walk hard
Old Apr 04 2006, 01:45 PM   #21
AlmaWillie
PDGA Member

Hey guys,

I am not sure if I am going to make it tonight or not. My wife has jury duty so I will have to go get the little one and keep him til she gets home. Last night that was about 6:45, I can't make it to Ft. Smith in time if she is that late again.

What you ned to know from me tonight is:

I have 4 people who say they want to sponsor holes at Alma, but I do not have any official confirmation as of yet.

Thad says the cd he got did not have the logo on it so he still needs a WAFDA logo emailed to him.
Also he wants a list of all other disc related sports so he can make links to them.
He wants a list of all disc courses and their addresses so he can put them on a clickable map.

Look at the WAFDA site and the gallery, what he has done is AWESOME!!! If he can do that I can't wait until he gets all the information together for the site! Let's help him all we can!
Old Apr 04 2006, 01:51 PM   #22
evandmckee
Membership Expired

Thanks for the info Willie, when did you talk to Thad? I e-mailed him all the stuff that was on the disc last Fri., hopefully he got it, good job on the sponsors!!
Old Apr 04 2006, 02:14 PM   #23
superd
Membership Expired

report from the ben geren rep.
all baskets are in "a" course set-up. most of the alt. pins were loaded down with junk that needed to be auged out. there are several baskets that have about a half inch of space from full contact with the connecting pieces. i was able to get all 18 locked down so the baskets are safe. don't know if this will create a future problem with getting lockdowns. on the holes that i could go down deeper in the pole i did to give us more fill room, don't know if that was smart or not i will find out in about a month when i move the baskets again.

i was scheduled to close again tonight. i have told all the managers that i am unavaliable to work on tuesday nights due to WAFDA meetings. it seems that i am going to need to take different measures to be sure that i can get off work on the only shift during the week that i need to be off each week.
Old Apr 04 2006, 03:04 PM   #24
AlmaWillie
PDGA Member

I talked to Thad today, right before that post and he didn't mention an email. I'll try and catch him and see if he has that or if it didn't work or what.
I have compiled a list of Arkansas courses to send to him and I'll get OK courses next. He has a really cool program (like GoogleEarth) that he is going to put them on. It should be really neat. What did you think of the gallery setup?
Old Apr 04 2006, 03:28 PM   #25
superd
Membership Expired

just checked out the pictures from the blowout. everything looks great. i do have some video footage from the northshore event that i would like to get clips from and have them put on the site. only thing is my computer has no power supply and my video editing software is on there. so i have no way to download and edit the footage that i do have.
it might be a while till i have the cash to get a new power supply. if anybody has any ideas of how we can get the footage to the site let me know.
Old Apr 10 2006, 10:51 PM   #26

hey guys sorry i wont be able to make it to the meeting tomorrow let me know what goes on
Old Apr 12 2006, 03:43 PM   #27
evandmckee
Membership Expired

We had a good productive meeting last night, our by-laws and constitution are finally rough-cut and being drafted for approval at the next meeting which is April 25,meetings will be every 2 weeks for now to hopefully move to monthly soon, we're leaning to let the committee's do their thing and report at the meetings what they've done and what they need, we'll be tackling the agreement with the Seb. Co. Park Board on the 25th also when that's final we can start official mini tournaments,league play and clinics at Ben Geren, of course Alma also (no real agreement required 0 We're quickly learning that a large group of people can't micro manage all that is to be done hence the committee's and proper communication. We had an
interesting guest, Justin Huss with the Belle Grove Historical District, They are putting on a street fair on memorial day weekend, Sat. & Sun. They are a not for profit association and are allowing other not for profits to set-up booths he conservatly estimates 1500 people over the 2 days coming through, the cool thing is that it is free, he's a friend of SuperD, and they have enough room (soccer field) to let us set-up a lil 2 or 3 hole urban disc golf course for people to get a real hand's on demo! Phil has an easy-up tent, I can get a table and am going to make a cool sign for WAFDA to have that can hang from the table or easy-up, some promotional flyers and pamplets, a T.V with some cool instructional or impressive disc golf footage, some discs and several WAFDA members to help out and we have a visible educational/promotional event for WAFDA and disc golf! Dave's our liaison to Belle Grove and of course Pitch, Jr. is our educational director, this will be cool
Old Apr 12 2006, 11:40 PM   #28
superd
Membership Expired

i'm going to try to get with justin on thursday after work and check out the area. with both our jobs it's going to be a hit or miss if we both have time to get out there and check out the area. i have a pretty good idea of the area that this fair is going to be held. we should be able to get 2 to 4 holes set up. i have one portable basket one of the innova fold-ups. if anybody has some chain baskets that wafda can borrow for this weekend it would be great.
Old Apr 13 2006, 04:03 PM   #29
evandmckee
Membership Expired

You don't want my home made basket, the PDGA might ban me for life if they saw it however this is a certain father & son both with baskets...hint...hint
Old Apr 13 2006, 06:32 PM   #30
Membership Expired

Ya got mine if needed.It makes that neat Ching sound. [img]/msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]